Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bake (or Cake)
It might be spring, but that doesn’t mean warm temps are here to stay in Colorado. I have the perfect way to warm up the house with a simple, healthy dish that can serve as breakfast, or dessert with one simple ingredient. How can you have breakfast and/or dessert with one dish you ask? Easy, you just add So Delicious Oat Milk based vegan ice cream to the top. If you want if for breakfast, skip the ice cream and eat it just as it is.
This Oatmeal bake is packed with flavor and baking it with Silk Almond Coconut Milk makes it that much creamier. It’s a warm dish with lots of spring flavor; you are going to love this one! You can pick up either of these Silk/So Delicious products at your local Sprouts.
* This blog post is sponsored by Silk & So Delicious *
· 1.5 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
· 1 cup of Silk Almond Coconut milk
· 1 chia egg (1 tbsp. chia seeds soaked in 2.5 tbsp. water for 5 minutes)
· 1 tbsp. maple syrup
· 1 tsp. lemon zest
· 1/5 sliced banana
· ½ C fresh blueberries
· So Delicious Oat Milk based Ice Cream set on the side (for topping if you chose to make this as a dessert)
· Preheat oven to 375
· Mix all of the above ingredients (not the ice cream) together in a bowl with a fork
· Pour mixture into an oven safe dish I used a ceramic 8x5 dish
· Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top has solidified and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
· Eat warm for breakfast or top with Ice cream for a “healthified” dessert.